The State of California today announced the reopening of places of worship for religious services with modifications to limit the spread of COVID-19. The guidance issued is posted on the State’s Reopening Roadmap webpage: https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/guidance-places-of-worship.pdf.
This guidance is to be implemented to provide a safe environment for all in attendance. The guidance allows for religious services and funerals with modification measures including:
Limit attendance to 25% of the building’s capacity OR up to 100 attendees, whichever is lower.
Establish a COVID-19 prevention plan.
Implement cleaning and disinfecting, health screening and social distancing protocols.
During Stage 2 Amador community members should continue to take simple steps to reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses including COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- Limit the number of others you interact with outside your household.
- When you go out practice social distancing, wear a face covering, and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward.
- Persons over age 65 and those with chronic health conditions should continue to stay home as much as possible.
The press release from the State of California may be read in full here: