The State of California today announced the reopening of hair salons and barbershops with modifications in counties with an existing variance which includes Amador County. The salon modifications are to limit the spread of COVID-19. The guidance issued is posted on the State’s Reopening Roadmap webpage: https://covid19.ca.gov/pdf/
This guidance is to be implemented to provide a lower risk environment for workers and customers. The guidance allows for hair salons and barbershops to open with modification measures including:
- Establish a COVID-19 prevention plan.
- Implement cleaning and disinfecting, health screening and social distancing protocols.
- Both the stylist or barber and the customer need to wear a face covering throughout the appointment.
During Stage 2 Amador community members and workers should continue to take simple steps to reduce the spread of respiratory illnesses including COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces.
- Limit the number of others you interact with outside your household.
- When you go out practice social distancing, wear a face covering, and wash your hands as soon as possible afterward.
- Persons over age 65 and those with chronic health conditions that put them at higher risk for severe COVID-19 should continue to stay home as much as possible.
The press release from the State of California may be read in full on California Department of Public Health website: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/