11th Annual ‘Take a Chance on Love’ event a success!
JACKSON, CA - On Valentine’s Day, Hospice of Amador & Calaveras announced the seven lucky winners in the 11th Annual ‘Take a Chance on Love’ Valentine’s Day Drawing at the Jackson Hospice Thrift Store. Livestreamed on KVGC Radio and Facebook, viewers and attendees at the drawing were also treated to a tour of the newly refreshed store while awaiting the names at 12 noon.
Executive Director Ariane Debien said, “I am truly overwhelmed to learn of the community’s continued generosity to Hospice of Amador & Calaveras. This year’s event raised $18k with the sale of 3,212 tickets. I want to thank our generous prize donors, volunteers, and everyone who purchased a ticket to support our hospice mission.”
The 2020 Hospice of Amador & Calaveras Valentine’s Day Drawing winners:
- Diamond Ring: Mary Mercurio-Hemphill (donated by Stan Lukowicz, The National Hotel)
- Living Trust Package: Kathleen Veen (donated by Redkey & Gordon Law Corp.)
- Yosemite Cabin: Aaron May (donated by the Harder Family)
- New Melones Party Cruiser: Regina Roberts (donated by New Melones Marina)
- Golf Package: Carey Haughy (donated by Castle Oaks Golf Club, Greenhorn Creek Resort, La Contenta Golf Club, and Saddle Creek Resort)
- Prospectors Gold: Joan Lark (donated by Louise Longley and Alice McLaughlin Estate)
- Staycation Package: Bob Zwieg (donated by Harrah’s Northern California)
In addition to our prize donors, Hospice of Amador & Calaveras would like to recognize the many merchants, service clubs and sponsors who made this year’s event a success, including: Jackson Rotary Club, Jackson Lions Club, Angels-Murphys Rotary Club, West Calaveras Rotary Club, Italian Benevolent Society, Rancho Murieta Kiwanis Club, Ione Rotary, American River Bank, Jim & JD Guidi/KVGC Radio, Dawn Santos/Gold Country Marketing, Small Town Food + Wine, and Murphys Historic Hotel.
All proceeds from the Valentine’s Day drawing go toward providing end-of-life care to anyone in our community who is in need, regardless of ability to pay.
Hospice of Amador & Calaveras has been serving the community as the only non-profit, community-based hospice agency for more than 35 years. For more information, call 209-223-5500.