Sierra Region Learning Community Convening
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Together we will learn Best Practices in Trauma Informed Care: Developing Programs to Support Youth Resilience. The program will:
· Highlight successful models in Youth mentoring programs.
· Share ideas for recruiting youth leaders.
· Explore how youth voices can be incorporated into program development and community projects.
· Include a presentation by Kathryn Eustis, who will share information about a successful Youth Mentoring Program in Calaveras County.
· Provide time to interact with your peers to identify what is needed to support program development and action planning.
Back by popular demand, our featured speaker is OSCAR C. PEREZ Ph. D., founder of Tending The Fires. Oscar will share his wisdom and insights into working with youth to address trauma in a culturally competent and inclusive manner.
When: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Time: Registration and Networking from 9:00-9:30 a.m. Program from 9:30 am – 12:30 p.m.
Where: In-person at Amador County Child Abuse Prevention Center in Jackson, at remote sites in Markleeville, Bishop, and Loyalton, (remote sites to be confirmed), or individually from your personal computer!
Please contact me directly with any questions, or if you need additional information. Feel free to share the attached flyer with your networks. Thanks, and have a great summer!--